A last minute production. Or two…

I’ve taken some photographs today,  of work on display in my hut, just to recap lol. And I found a piece or two that may be undocumented, I have tried so many things this module that some pieces have just got away from me, been damaged, or just not recorded!

Note to self : Make sure you draw a map of where your train of thought leads you. Mostly I think they where by product pieces to come out of something else, but I’ll fill you in as we go.

WP_20160111_10_45_59_Pro

The smaller A4 Matisse style cut out, above, was made from left over book paper and was a ‘quick project’, The Juggler below, is documented somewhere lol – but his photograph is much clearer here so I thought I would share.

WP_20160111_10_46_13_ProWP_20160111_10_46_24_Pro

Some nice pictures of my hut in all its glory, WP_20160111_10_46_41_Pro

Below: The larger images here – on the left hand side of window, are products of the initial photocopier session with ‘Recycling- Beyond the Book’ Also in this picture are two Orgami budgies I made, somewhere along the line and forgot about. Oops.WP_20160111_10_47_01_Pro

The picture below, is another fluke piece, made up from left over book pages after a project. the backing paper was sprayed with spray mount and i sprinkled book pages shavings to create a Galaxy style picture, I decided to make a mini narrative piece with it though, I have mixed illustrations from book cuttings and the ‘text’ is just right for this piece, the entirety of it being made up of Xxxx’s and grammatical effects. I call it ‘Mystery- Beyond the Book’ and I think this title suits it rather well. Its ambiguous, interesting, monochrome and inspires a vast amount of interpretation. WP_20160111_10_47_23_Pro

Below : A much clearer photograph of the Lino print I did of a Van Gogh piece. these two where made using a roller and acrylic paint in the intended manner, rather than my slapdash home attempts. The effects are bold and striking.

WP_20160111_10_47_33_Pro

Nudes : Beyond the book, is below, I created this piece using watercolours and I was purely practising. However I enjoyed the overall outcome and decided it deserved a place on the wall. I loosely created an image of a Harem using dots and dashes and tried to steer clear of detail altogether.WP_20160111_10_47_47_Pro

Below is a paper cutting exercise. I have cut out sections of the paper to produce a stencil. I used the stencil to add detail to an ink marbled piece, they are both displayed together on my hut wall.

WP_20160111_10_47_59_Pro

Below: a random quilling piece mounted on preprinted paper – dot/dash WP_20160111_10_48_48_Pro

Another random piece, an empty loo roll tube owl, of course 🙂 I know I made this fairly quickly as a prototype for Festiv_alt stock ideas, but the idea was scrapped.WP_20160111_10_48_55_Pro

I was kindly gifted a handful of strands of raw silk by Rachel, and I popped them, absent mindedly, into the paper pot I made last week, the effect is that it now looks like a trumpet style flower, a lilly or orchid I suppose.

WP_20160111_10_49_00_ProWP_20160111_10_49_08_ProWP_20160111_10_53_07_Pro

And I hope,sincerely :),  that that is the last of the forgotten pieces. I have enjoyed this module tremendously, I am indeed a sculptural artist and I have had lots of fun with the practical work, even though there have been some rather frustrating moments lol. See you tomorrow for the next brief! 😀

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s